В прошлой статье мы рассмотрели, как выглядит структура типичного эссе. Там я привела небольшой пример эссе за и против на английском языке. В этой заметке я хочу показать вам образец полноценного эссе, задание которого может попасться вам на экзаменах IELTS, TOEFL или ЭГЕ. Ниже вашему вниманию представлен образец эссе «for and against» по английскому языку, который вы можете использовать в качестве шаблона при написании своего собственного.
Как писать «за и против» эссе — быстрый инструктаж
Давайте ещё раз быстро пробежимся по основным моментам, как писать эссе.
Во-первых, следуйте плану. У любого эссе есть план или структура — введение, основная часть, заключение. Структура сильно упрощает написание эссе, и я всегда начинаю черновик с плана. Подробнее про структуру эссе.
Даже если я не знаю, что писать, у меня уже есть шаблон эссе, и я могу начать сочинение с конца. Например, я знаю, что в заключении нужно подытожить сказанное либо выразить свою точку зрения ещё раз. И всё это в 2-3 предложениях. Хорошо, это не сложно и пишется быстро.
Потом я берусь за введение — ещё одна маленькая часть эссе, которую легко написать. В ведении всего лишь следует рассказать, откуда берётся обсуждаемая проблема.
Введение готово! Что делать с основной частью? Тут тоже всё просто. Разбиваем её на две части. В первой части пишем все аргументы за, во второй — все против. Правда ведь, не сложно?
Эссе Домашний питомец — купить или взять из приюта?
Тема эссе: «Домашний питомец — купить или взять из приюта?»
Объем: 450 слов
Я выделила жирным все вводные слова и связующие фразы, которые нужно использовать в эссе. Больше таких фраз вы найдёте в статьях «Вводные фразы на английским языке» и «Полезные фразы для эссе по английскому«.
Purchasing a Pet or Adopting a Homeless One
It cannot be argued that pets play a significant role in our lives. Cats and dogs have been living in our homes since time immemorial, and now they are kept as pets in more than a half of families worldwide. However, no matter how fun and fulfilling it is, owning an animal is a big responsibility, which starts at the moment you decide to get a new pet. Future pet owners have to answer one important question: ‘Will I buy a pet or adopt a homeless one?’
Purchasing a pet has many advantages. Firstly, it usually ensures that your pet is healthy at the moment of purchase. Secondly, your choice is much wider and you can pick a pet to your liking, including colour, fur texture and, when it comes to pure-bred dogs and cats, even personality. Thirdly, pets are sold at very young age, thus you will get to enjoy their company while they are still adorable kittens and puppies, and it also increases the chances that your pet will become attached to you very quickly and will view you as its rightful owner.
However, there are some disadvantages too. The most important of them is price. Getting yourself a pet can be very expensive, especially if it is pure-bred. Its health is also of concern. Such animals are more prone to disease and have weaker health in general.
Speaking about adopting street or shelter animals, it has a number of pros and cons as well. On the one hand, taking such an animal home often means saving its life and ensuring its well-being, which is a very good thing. Moreover, it usually costs you nothing, and the keeping expenses for these pets are generally lower. Another important consideration is that each pet is unique and has its own appearance and personality.
On the other hand, when dealing with a homeless animal, you can never be sure in what state it is physically and mentally. It is highly likely that it has lasting health problems due to malnourishment and poor living conditions, and its past negative experiences can result in undesirable patterns of behaviour that will be impossible to change.
Considering the pros and cons of both approaches, I can make a conclusion that they both are equally valid. The choice between them depends on what a future pet owner wants and sees as more important. Personally, I am inclined to compromise and to purchase an animal that is not pure-bred and, therefore, could be thrown out on the street in the case no one bought it. Nevertheless, I am also not opposed to either of the extremes I discussed in this essay.
Представлено сочинение на английском языке За и против компьютеров/ Computers: For And Against с переводом на русский язык.
|Computers: For And Against||За и против компьютеров|
|Computers now are an essential part of our life. I can’t imagine my life without a computer. There so many advantages of using a computer.||Компьютеры сейчас – неотъемлемая часть нашей жизни. Я не могу представить себе жизнь без компьютера. Существует столько преимуществ использования компьютера.|
|First of all they make our lives easier. Computers help us at school, university, at work. It’s faster to write something on computer, than by hand, it’s more convenient to send emails than letters by post. I often use computer in my studies, for example, if I need to read a book I can easily download it from the Internet. I also use Internet to search for information I need for school.||Прежде всего, они делают нашу жизнь проще. Компьютеры помогают нам в школе, университете и на работе. Намного быстрее набрать текст на компьютере, чем написать от руки, намного удобнее отправить электронное сообщение, чем письмо по почте. Я часто использую компьютер для учебы, например, если мне нужно прочитать книгу, я могу просто скачать ее из интернета. Я также могу найти информацию, которая мне нужна для школы.|
|I like watching movies very much. But I don’t like these movies shown at our cinemas and the choice is not so wide. Using my computer I can find any movie I like and moreover I can watch films in English.||Я люблю смотреть кино. Но мне не нравятся те фильм, которые показывают у нас в кинотеатрах, и выбор не очень большой. С помощью моего компьютера я могу найти фильмы, которые хочу и, более того, можно смотреть фильм на английском.|
|Computer and Internet help me to communicate with my friends who live in other countries and find new friends. It would be difficult to stay in touch with them without computer, but with the help of it we can send emails to each other, share photos, music and so on.||Компьютер и интернет помогают мне общаться с друзьями, которые живут в других странах и находить новых друзей. Было бы сложно поддерживать контакт с ними без компьютера, но с его помощью мы можем посылать друг другу электронные сообщения, делиться фотографиями, музыкой и так далее.|
|But unfortunately some people keep no measure in using computers. Children and teenagers are addicted to computer games and don’t have time for studying or reading books. Some of them prefer online chatting to face to face communication with their friends. Computer harms our psychological state and eye sight.||Но, к сожалению, некоторые не знают меры в использовании компьютера. Дети и подростки зависимы от компьютерных игр и у них нет времени на учебу и чтение. Некоторые предпочитают общаться с друзьями онлайн, а не лицом к лицу. Компьютер отрицательно воздействует на психологию человека и зрение.|
|So I think computers are really useful if we don’t use them excessively.||Я думаю, что компьютеры полезны во многом, если мы не злоупотребляем ими.|
В данной работе предлагаются 22 готовые темы эссе «за и против» (ЕГЭ)
(объем 200-250 слов)+/- 10;%
1.The best time is that spent with family and friends 250
1.It is generally agreed today that the time spent with close people is the greatest time, while others believe that the most excellent time is the time spent without them. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue 41
As far as I concerned, The best time is the time people spend with their family and friends. Firstly, the family and friends are people we spend the most time with. I love my relatives a lot. They always support me and can give advise. Secondly, they are the people who care about us most, do their best to make us happy and surprise us.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. Some people like to be alone. They like to travel, to have their hobbies, to build career and many other things. If he travels alone, he can decide which place to visit, spend all the vacation on the beach or go sightseeing. Doing things he likes and chooses himself is the best time a person can have.
4.I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. I am convinced that the best time people have is the time with their family and friends. Personally I appreciate the time I spend with my family and friends. They are the most important people in my life.
5Taking all these into account I support the opinion that I would like to say that the best time is the time spent with close people.
2.The best way to lose weight is following a diet. 225
1.It is generally agreed today that
the problem of losing weight is one of the most discussing issues in the modern world. Some people believe that it is necessary to follow a diet to be slim, while others claim that people should eat all they want.
As far as I concerned, it is very important to get rid of unhealthy food habits in order to become thin. Firstly, scientists has proved that our weightdepends on what we regularly eat. Secondly, in the modern world there are a lot of examples of people who have lost their weight after they starteddieting. Moreover, number of people suffering from obesity is increasing year after year. Many of them admit that they have bad eating habits.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that people’s weight does not depend on their eating habits, claiming that our family has a much greater influence on it than our lifestyle.
4.I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. The last scientific researches have shown lack of the influence of our genes on the weight.
5Taking all these into account I support the opinion that overweight people will be able to understand the importance of dieiting. Yet, I must admit that we should not restrict ourselves too much but we must control what we eat.
3. Fast food has a bad effect on our health 226
1. The question whether Fast food has a bad effect on our health is highly debated. Fast food is very popular, especially among teenagers. Nevertheless, nutritionists consider that fast food should be banned. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
2. As far as I concerned, fast food does much harm to people’s health. Firstly, such food is low in protein, vitamins and minerals. Secondly, fast food contains a lot of cholesterol. Thirdly, fast food is high in fat, sugar and calories and full of chemical additives. Мany fast food lovers suffer from diabetes, cancer and tooth decay (кариес)
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that fast food can be prepared and served very quickly, so going to fast food restaurants helps to save time and money. Moreover, It is tasty and cheap.
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that those who like it are facing a serious problem threatening their health. They may become overweight or obese, which can lead to heart disorders and other health problems.
5. Taking all these into account I support the opinion that the food choices we make every day affect our health. We should avoid food that is rich in cholesterol, added sugars, salt, and saturated fats. If we want to stay healthy and to be in good shape, we should choose healthy, balanced meals.
4. Having a hobby is important for everyone 222
1.It`s generally agreed today that Hobbies play a very important role in our lives. They occupy our minds when we are free and also make us happy. However, there are people who believe that it is not necessary to have a hobby. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue 53
2.As far as I concerned, one of the main benefits of having a hobby is that it is a major stress-buster. Firstly, You actually enjoy doing it and it satisfies your soul. Secondly, a hobby helps us relax when we are tired or feel stressed. Thirdly, hobbies can help you meet new people. 106
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that hobbies are a waste of time. For them it`s better to focus on their work and their professional skills development than hobbies. 143
4.I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious Hobbies teach us a lot of things about different stuff. They also help in expanding our knowledge . Moreover, it is possible to turn your hobby into a successful career. 186
5Taking all these into account I support the opinion that hobbies can give us lots of positive feelings, pleasure, energy and happiness. and it’s up to you to decide whether to have a hobby or not.
5. Computers cannot replace people .(222)
Of course Computers serve people’s needs and their number is growing in different spheres of human activities. However, It`s generally agreed today that teachers can not be replaced by computers. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned, teachers will not be displaced by computers. I would like to support my point of view.Firstly, computers will not be able to cope with the psychological aspect of teaching. Only human beings can build an emotional connection with each other. Secondly, the quality of classes by computers will be very low. Computers will teach according to the programmes, but they cannot find an individual approach to a student.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that in the digital age computers can replace teachers because this replacement will save money for governments – computers do not need a salary.
4.I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that computers do not need a salary but IT specialists who maintain machines will cost even more for governments than teachers.
5Taking all these into account I support the opinion that teachers cannot be replaced by computers because computers lack emotions and they are not able to react to many types of changing situations in the classroom)
6. Distance learning is the best form of education (208)
The question whether Distance learning is the best form of education is highly debated.
Some people think that e-learning offers the best process of studying. Others believe that e-learning is not the most beneficial method of education. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned, online classes is the best method of learning. Firstly, having classes from home saves time. Students do not need to travel to and from schools and universities as they do when they have traditional classes. Secondly, online learning allows students to continue their studies during a pandemic, when all schools, colleges and universities are closed. They cannot have real classes with tutors too, otherwise they can get infected.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that distance learning is not the best form of education because it is boring. People do not have real life interactions when they study online.
I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that people communicate a lot when they meet friends and relatives, when they go out or play sport. In addition, when people study they have to concentrate on learning, not on socializing.
Taking all these into account I support the opinion that distance learning is the best form of education. It is better than traditional education or individual classes with a tutor at home.
7. Digital literacy is the key to success in any occupation (220)
1..The question whether Digital literacy is the key to success in any occupation is highly debated. Some people think that digital literacy is necessary for professional success. Others, on the contrary, have an opposite opinion. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
2. As far as I concerned, digital literacy is really important for success in any profession and I have some reasons to support my point of view.
Firstly, computers save time. Now people can do their job easily since there is a wide range of helpful computer programs. Secondly, it is much more conveniently and faster to communicate with the colleagues sending them e-mails than text messages.
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that digital literacy is useless for some professions. For ex doctors and teachers who do not often work with computers, so IT skills are not important for them.
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that people who work in schools or hospitals have to use computers every day to find out information and chat with colleagues.
5. Taking all these into account I support the opinion that digital literacy is necessary for us to be successful in any occupation. It will help us to succeed in career and in our life in general.
8. Robots will soon replace people in all jobs (219)
1.The question whether Robots will soon replace people in all jobs is highly debated. Some people think that all jobs will be automated shortly, while others believe that many things can be done only by humans. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
2. As far as I concerned, there are still many spheres that will not be affected by artificial intelligence soon. Firstly, we are talking about professions that include skills such as creativity, adaptability and others. Secondly, the robotics revolution will creat new opportunities and jobs. 79
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that machines can handle( справляться, выполнять) any routine that people find exhausting , dirty or even dangerous, especially due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Besides, robots can work efficiently twenty-four-seven without holidays and complaints, producing more results.126
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that Any job, even a repetitive one, should be accurately engineered, organised and controlled. So, humans and robots create a synergy that would allow these processes to remain smooth. Eventually, a machine breaks down, or software can hang up.
5. Taking all these into account I support the opinion that despite contrasting views on whether robots replace people in all activities, I am convinced that humans will only benefit from cooperation with machines, especially in such an area as medicine.
9. Love makes a person happy (200)
1.The question whether Love makes a person happy is highly debated. Of course, Love plays an important role in our life.
Some people want to love and be loved but others claim that and love brings only problems. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
2As far as I concerned, I absolutely agree with the statement, that love is important in our life. Firstly, love is a wonderful feeling that each person can experience. Secondly, when you are in love you get a lot of positive emotions.
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that love brings only unhappiness. I mean the consequences of the relationship, especially relationships between teenagers. Someone can stay alone or to fall into depression and ends with suicide
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that people cannot exist without love. This feeling keeps people together and cannot cause depression or suicide and a person who loves you is always ready to help you in any troubles.
5. Taking all these into account I support the opinion that love is really beautiful feeling and it is important to have someone whom you love and who loves you in return.
10. Is it a good idea for teenagers to have a part-time jobs while they are still in school? (230)
1.The question of a student’s part-time job in his spare time is highly debated.
A lot of people think that there are more advantages than disadvantages while others claim it is challenging for young people. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
2. As far as I concerned, having a part-time job is one of the best ways to spend time valuable. Firstly, part-time jobs offer teenagers opportunities to earn money, get new experience and some essential skills that will benefit them while choosing a future career. Secondly, a person is responsible enough and correctly manage his time.
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that it is no good for teenagers. First of all, it will be hard finding decent work (достойная работа) for teenagers because employers often think that young people could not even follow the instructions and be on time. Moreover, parents can give their children pocket money.
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that teenagers should start their career from easy jobs like babysitting, newspaper carriers or consultant in a local shop. Besides, their savings (сбережения) can help parents.
Taking all these into account I support the opinion that getting a part-time job for young adults is usually a great and productive experience as it makes teenagers more confident and responsible. They can gain independence, manage while still at school.
11. Friendship is the greatest gift of life. (227)
The question whether friendship is the greatest gift of life is highly debated. Some people say that having a friend is the best thing a person can have, while other believe that there are other great things and having friends is not one of them. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue. 56
2. As far as I concerned, I absolutely agree that friendship is one of the most valuable things in our lives. Firstly, It’s always difficult to deal with difficulties alone, so it’s important to have someone you can rely on or just ask for advice. Secondly, a true friend will always protect you and keep secret. 111
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that friendship takes a lot of time. To keep a friendship one must always find time for his friends. Moreover, friends can lie and betray you. 151
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that true friend cannot betray because real friends are people who trust and support each other. 181
5. Taking all these into account I support the opinion that a person is happy and satisfied when he can share his good and bad days, when he can talk about everything and he has someone to rely on. It’s also important to be a good friend.
12. Damage to the environment is the biggest problem facing the world (212)
1.It`s generally agreed today that Environmental damage is the biggest problem facing the world. Some people think that environmental problems are the most dangerous whereas others don’t agree. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue .
As far as I concerned our environment is becoming worse with every passing day and environmental catastrophe is the biggest threat. . Firstly, global warming can bring us a lot of troubles. If the ice melts, a lot of countries will be flooded. Secondly, Ozone holes can cause the death of a lot of lands. Also bad food, air and water can be the reason of various diseases.
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that there are more significant problems, such as lack of food and nuclear war can be even more dangerous.
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that these threats can kill our planet. Nevertheless, they are easier to control than environmental problems.
5. Taking all these into account I support the opinion that every environmental problem is related to our human lifestyle. We have got only one planet to live on, and we must save it.
13. Children should be required to help with household tasks. (247)
1.It is generally agreed today that children should have some responsibilities around the house. However, there are those who are sure that children should not have to do household duties. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned, I am sure that teenagers must help to their parents with household chores. Firstly, when teenager help parents with chores, they gain important skills as discipline and responsibility. Secondly, when a teenage helps his parents cleaning the house or doing other household chores, they are preparing for adult life. Children should take care about their parents.
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that teenagers are small to do household chores. Moreover, children simply do not have time to help about the house because of their homework. School takes a lot of time.
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that they get tired at school .But household chores do not take much time. Moreover, they risk being left alone for life due to a lack of housekeeping skills.
5. Taking all these into account I support the opinion I believe that teenagers must help to their parents with household chores.
These works allow them to know their responsibilities in running a family, helps them have a good preparation for their future and it is also a way of expressing their love and sharing difficulties with their parents.
14. It is the government’s responsibility to protect the environment. (251)
1.It is generally agreed today that government should protect condition of environment. However, there are those who are sure that ordinary people can solve the environmental problems themselves. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned, ordinary people play a main role in environmental preservation. Firstly, they organize organisations to protect and improve the environment. . The most famous among them is “GreenPeace” founded by ordinary people. Secondly, nobody will protect the place where we were born except us. If we don’t litter, we will not only protect ground from pollution, but we will show a good example for a young generation.
3. Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that government is responsible for our nature. This can force people to take part in the cleaning of territories, and this creates laws that ensure careful treatment of people and their duties.
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that a great number of those people who never participate in such events and ignore laws. Moreover, even after government’s cleaning of a river such people go on dropping litter into the river and leave rubbish near the it in spite of the signs and posters.
5. Taking all these into account I support the opinion that only men can preserve the environment. They are organic unity, which can prevent air and water pollution and leave a clean green planet after them.
15. Some people believe that the career which young choose should please their parents. (212)
Nowadays it is very difficult for young people to choose the career Some people believe that parents should be happy with their children’s choices, while others believe that parents do not have to be happy with their children’s work. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned ,young people should choose the career by themselves. Firstly, only children know their interests. Teenagers feel what they really want and like. Secondly, if young people choose the career not taking into account parent’s opinion, they will not blame somebody for their fail in case their choice is wrong.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that parents are more experienced, so it would be easier for them to make a right career choice for their children.
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that parents often want children to do something they did not achieve in their childhood. So, it will not be children’s choice.
5. Taking all these into account I support the opinion that choosing a career is children’s business. Although, I must admit that teenagers should not completely ignore parent’s opinion. Instead, adults should remember about children’s own dreams.
16. Some of my friends say there is nothing better than reading a good book while others would rather watch its films version (212)
1.It is generally agreed today that people are getting more and more concerned about screen versions of books. Some of them claim that there is nothing better than reading an original. However, there are those who is in favor of its film version.
As far as I concerned , the written version has a clear advantage . Firstly, a book has more important details that help you to understand the character and the motivation of his actions better. Secondly, while reading a book you can make notes to, for example, remember some inspirational quotes.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that it takes less time to watch an adaptation of a novel then read the whole text. Moreover, watching a film helps to understand the main idea of the book which it based on easily.
4. I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that a book can be breathtaking that you will read it in one day. Moreover, reading improves your imagination. Finally, a lot of books you can also read online just for free.
5. books develop our imagination and intellect and have more complete story than their film versions do.
17. Only people who earn a lot of money are successful ( 214)
The question whether people who earn a lot of money are successful is highly debated. Some people believe that people are successful if they are wealthy. Other think that people can be successful without money. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue 46
As far as I concerned, earning a lot of money is not the key of being successful. Firstly, Only people who want to achieve goals and gain good knowledge succeed, because self-development is very important for people now. Secondly, rich people are often unhappy, because all people around them want to be their friends because of their money.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that only money can make you happy because you can buy expensive things and gadgets , look more attractive and travel around the world. Moreover, rich people have different opportunities in life.
I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that money is always needed, but you can’t buy health with it. Furthermore, money spoils people and leads to a bad end.
Taking all these into account I support the opinion that self-improvement is the key of success. It would be better to achieve success in family, friendship and self-education.
18. Some people think that in the future traditional shops will disappear and all shopping will be on line with home delivery. (247)
It is generally agreed today that online shopping is becoming more and more popular. So, many people believe that traditional shopping will disappear soon. However, a group of opponents disagree with this statement. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned, traditional shops will really soon disappear. Firstly, online shopping with home delivering makes people’s life easier because it economizes their time. It is really convenient for busy people who do not have any time to spend hours on shopping. Secondly, a person can order goods from different countries , and they do not need to go there. It economizes their money.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They consider that online shopping will not be able to substitute traditional shopping because very often it helps to reduce the stress. A number of people, especially women, calm down while shopping.
I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that there are different ways to become calmer. For instance, to go to the museum, or to breathe fresh air, or to read a good book. Moreover, shopping is a very expensive way to calm down.
Taking all these into account I support the opinion that the majority of people will prefer online shopping in the future because it has many advantages.
Of course tastes are different and It is up to a personality to decide which way of shopping to choose.
19. Some people think that extreme sports help to build character. (218)
The question whether character is built with extreme sports is highly debated. There are two opposite points of view. Some people think that such activities steel your character, others think it does not. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned, extreme sports can really help to build character. Firstly, they are dangerous and require a good physical shape and courage. Secondly, they regularly work on their self-regulation and discipline, fight their fears and gain experiences outside the comfort zone. Moreover it helps to cope with everyday stresses.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They consider that extreme sports are just another kind of entertainment, which also can cause injures and even death. Extreme sports are addictive. They make people their slaves.
I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that Extreme sports are still a leisure activity as traditional sports, despite of the high risks to be injured or die. And as any sport they affect positively on personality, physical and mental health.
Taking all these into account I support the opinion that extreme sports are an important part of modern life when the danger is minimized. Practising extreme sports nowadays is a real help in building character.
20. Some people think that learning foreign languages is a waste of time and money. (224)
It is generally agreed today that learning foreign languages is an important part of live for everyone. Nowadays people spend a lot of money on it.
But not all people share my point of view. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned, learning foreign languages has plenty of benefits. Firstly, it opens up new horizons in your career. Secondly, foreign languages can improve our memory because we need to learn a lot of words, expressions and texts in a short period. Moreover this will improve the understanding of culture because a person can read books and poems in the original and also see films.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They consider that it is a waste of time and money because it is really difficult to speak and write on foreign languages fluently. There are online translators and the electronic translator will do it for you.
I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that electronic translators will not be able to help in live communication.
Taking all these into account I support the opinion that knowledge of foreign languages could be very useful in different ways. Of course, it requires a lot of time, effort and money, but it is worth it
21. The plane is the most convenient means of travel. (258)
It is generally agreed today that travelling by air is the best way of transferring. Over the past few years, people have begun to travel to places they would only have dreamt of visiting fifty years ago, thanks to the possibilities offered by air travel. But not all people share my point of view. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned, travelling by plane is a necessity when you plan a long distance trip. Firstly, it can help you to save your time. You can spend your time doing your favourite activity such as watching a film or listening to music. Secondly, this way of travelling is the most convenient, because of easy process of making arrangements. There is no need to stay in in a queue, you can book tickets in advance by phone or on the Internet.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They consider that travelling by plane can be a nightmare, with airport delays, turbulence and trip is very dangerous. Moreover not everyone can afford high price tickets. And the most important many people are afraid of heights and suffer from air sickness.
I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that air travel will always remain popular. Its speed, comfort and convenience are hard to beat.
Taking all these into account I support the opinion any transport is dangerous in its own way. But air travel will always remain popular. Its speed, comfort and convenience.
22. Distance learning can fully replace traditional classroom learning (208)
The question whether distance learning is the best form of education is highly debated.
Some people think that e-learning offers the best process of studying. Others believe that e-learning is not the most beneficial method of education. In this essay, I will try to look upon this issue
As far as I concerned, doing courses on the Internet has become very popular nowadays .Firstly, having classes from home saves time. Students do not need to travel to and from schools and universities as they do when they have traditional classes. Secondly, it allows students to work without distractions from others and at their own pace.
Nevertheless, not all people are ready to share my point of view. They claim that distance learning is not the best form of education because it is boring. People do not have real life interactions when they study online.
I am afraid I cannot fully agree with all these people. It is obvious that people communicate a lot when they meet friends and relatives, when they go out or play sport. In addition, when people study they have to concentrate on learning, not on communication.
Taking all these into account I support the opinion that distance learning is the best form of education. It is better than traditional classroom learning or individual classes with a tutor at home.
Writing Bank (p. WB5)
Эссе «за» и «против
For-and-against essay are formal pieces of writing which discus the disadvantages of a topic. Argument’s on both sides of the topic are presented in equal detail and the writer’s opinion is included at the end of the essay.
Эссе «За и против» — это формальные письменные работы, в которых обсуждаются недостатки темы. Аргументы с обеих сторон темы представлены одинаково подробно, а мнение писателя приводится в конце эссе.
For-and-against essay include:
Эссе «За и против» включают:
• an introductory paragraph introducing the topic and its two sides,
вводный абзац, представляющий тему и её две стороны,
• two main body paragraphs — one presenting arguments for together with justifications/examples and other presenting arguments against with justifications/examples,
два основных параграфа — один представляет аргументы за вместе с обоснованиями/примерами, а другой — аргументы против с обоснованиями/примерами,
• a concluding paragraph which summarises the arguments and gives the writer’s opinion.
заключительный абзац, в котором суммируются аргументы и высказывается мнение автора.
Note: in for-and-against essay, each main body paragraph begins with a topic sentence that outlines the main idea of that paragraph.
Примечание: в эссе «за и против» каждый абзац основной части начинается с тематического предложения, в котором излагается основная идея этого абзаца.
For-and-against essay are characterised by:
Эссе «за» и «против» характеризуются:
• formal/semi-formal vocabulary and some longer sentences (Although some people may disagree , in my view, the advantages for outweigh the disadvantages.)
формальная/полуформальная лексика и некоторые более длинные предложения (Хотя некоторые люди могут не согласиться, на мой взгляд, преимущества перевешивают недостатки).
• formal linking words to join ideas (Although, Whereas, For this reason, etc).
формальные связующие слова для объединения идей (Хотя, В то время как, По этой причине и т.д.).
• full verb forms (It is well worth …)
полные формы глаголов (Это стоит того, чтобы …)
• a mild impersonal style that avoids colloquial expressions or strong personal feelings (Renting a home is thought by some people to be a beter solution than buying one.)
мягкий безличный стиль, избегающий разговорных выражений или сильных личных чувств (Аренда жилья считается некоторыми людьми более удачным решением, чем его покупка).
• Firstly,/To begin with, • Secondly, • Furthermore,/Moreover, • Finally,
Во-первых,/Для начала, • Во-вторых, • Далее,/ • Более того, • Наконец,
• One/An important/The main advantage of …,
Одно/важное/главное преимущество …,
• Another/An additional benefit of …,
Ещё одно/дополнительное преимущество ….,
• Some/Many people are in favour of …,
Некоторые/Многие люди выступают за …,
• A serious drawback/major disadvantage of …,
Серьёзный недостаток/главный недостаток …,
• Some/Many people are against …,
Некоторые/Многие люди против ….,
Justifying points and giving examples
Обоснование положений и приведение примеров
• Justifying a point:
Обоснование точки зрения:
• This is because …
Это происходит потому, что …
• This means that …
Это означает, что …
• The reason for this is …
Причина этого в том, что …
• After all,
В конце концов,
• For intrance,/For example, • such as
Например,/Например, • например
• On the other hand,
С другой стороны,
Однако,/Тем не менее,
• Despite/In spite of (the fact that) …
Несмотря на/Несмотря на (тот факт, что) …
• In my opinion/view,
По моему мнению/взгляду,
• I believe/think/feel …,
Я верю/думаю/чувствую …,
• In conclusion,
• All things considered,
Write an essay (120-180 words) for publication in a home-and-garden magazine dicussing the pros and cons of buying your own home.
Напишите эссе (120-180 слов) для публикации в журнале «Дом и сад» о плюсах и минусах покупки собственного дома.
To buy or not to buy?
Many young people today, especially those planning to get married, dream of owning their own home some day. Some people would agree that home ownership is a good thing, while others believe it is not worth the trouble.
There are certain advantages to having a home of your own. To begin with, it can be considered a good investment. After all, you can sell it at any time and possibly make a profit. Furthermore, home ownership means you havve greater freedom to please yourself. You can redecorate your house or keep a pet dog, for example, without having to ask the landlord.
However, buying a house can also have a number of disadvantages. One major drawback is the high cost. This is because you need a large amount of money as a down payment before you can buy, in addition to the expense of maintaining and repairing your house. Secondly, a homeowner tends to be tied down to one place. This means that you can’t just get up and move if you do not like the neighbourhood, because you will have to sell your house first.
All things considered, there are both advantages and disadvantages to buying your own home. It seems to me, though, that it is a good idea if you can afford it. It is somethinng that belongs to you and can give you security in the future.
Покупать или не покупать?
Многие молодые люди сегодня, особенно те, кто планирует вступить в брак, мечтают о том, что когда-нибудь у них будет собственный дом. Некоторые согласятся с тем, что владение домом — это хорошо, другие же считают, что не стоит тратить на это время.
Наличие собственного дома имеет определённые преимущества. Во-первых, его можно рассматривать как хорошую инвестицию. В конце концов, вы можете продать его в любое время и, возможно, получить прибыль. Кроме того, владение домом означает, что у вас есть больше свободы, чтобы угодить самому себе. Вы можете, например, перепланировать дом или завести домашнюю собаку, не обращаясь к хозяину.
Однако покупка дома может иметь и ряд недостатков. Одним из основных недостатков является высокая стоимость. Это связано с тем, что для покупки вам потребуется большая сумма денег в качестве первоначального взноса, а также расходы на содержание и ремонт дома. Во-вторых, домовладелец, как правило, привязан к одному месту. Это означает, что вы не можете просто встать и переехать, если вам не нравится район, потому что сначала вам придётся продать свой дом.
В покупке собственного дома есть как преимущества, так и недостатки. Однако мне кажется, что это хорошая идея, если вы можете себе это позволить. Это то, что принадлежит вам и может дать вам уверенность в будущем.
1. Find examples of longer sentences and formal/advanced vocabulary in the essay. — Найдите в эссе примеры более длинных предложений и формальной/продвинутой лексики.
Longer sentences: Many young people today, especially those planning to get married, dream of owning their own home some day. You can redecorate your house or keep a pet dog, for example, without having to ask the landlord. This means that you can’t just get up and move if you do not like the neighbourhood, because you will have to sell your house first.
Более длинные предложения: Многие молодые люди сегодня, особенно те, кто планирует вступить в брак, мечтают когда-нибудь иметь собственный дом. Вы можете, например, переделывать свой дом или держать домашнюю собаку, не спрашивая хозяина. Это означает, что вы не можете просто встать и переехать, если вам не нравится район, потому что сначала вам придётся продать свой дом.
Formal/advanced vocabulary: home ownership, can be considered, investment, Furthermore, However, major drawback, in addition to, maintaining, tends to be, security, All thing considered
Формальная/продвинутая лексика: домовладение, можно считать, инвестиция, Кроме того, Однако, основной недостаток, в дополнение к, содержание, как правило, безопасность, Всё рассмотрено
2. Rewrite the topic sentences in the main body paragraphs of the model. Use phrases from the Useful Language box to help you. — Перепишите тематические предложения в основных абзацах модели. Используйте фразы из блока «Полезный язык», чтобы помочь себе.
Many people are in favour of buying their own home.
Многие люди выступают за приобретение собственного жилья.
Nevertheless, people who own their own home face some serious drawbacks.
Тем не менее, люди, владеющие собственным домом, сталкиваются с некоторыми серьёзными недостатками.
3. Write one additional advantage and one additional disadvantage of buying your own home, together with justifications/examples. — Напишите одно дополнительное преимущество и один дополнительный недостаток покупки собственного дома вместе с обоснованиями/примерами.
• An additional benefit of buying your own home is that it can make more sense financially than renting a flat. In spite of the fact that you may have to pay off a mortgage, eventually the house will be yours.
Дополнительным преимуществом покупки собственного дома является то, что с финансовой точки зрения это может быть более выгодно, чем аренда квартиры. Несмотря на то, что вам, возможно, придётся выплачивать ипотечный кредит, в конечном итоге дом станет вашим.
• Some people are against buying their own home because they don’t want the responsibility of doing their own repairs. They prefer to live in rented accommodation, which means that all repairs are done by the landlord.
Некоторые люди против покупки собственного жилья, потому что не хотят брать на себя ответственность за ремонт. Они предпочитают жить в арендованном жилье, что означает, что все ремонтные работы выполняет арендодатель.
← Предыдущее Следующее →
ГДЗ по английскому языку. Starlight. Звёздный английский. Учебник. 7 класс. Баранова К.М., Дули Д., Копылова В.В.
Рабочая тетрадь. Starlight. 7 класс. Workbook
Английский язык. 7 класс
Эссе по иностранному языку требует качественного содержания и хорошей организационной структуры, а также грамотного языкового оформления.
Написание сочинения по английскому языку является одним из самых проблемных заданий при сдаче единого государственного экзамена. По сложности конкуренцию ему может составлять только аудирование. Поэтому тренировка в составлении эссе должна быть особенно усиленной и интенсивной.
С 2012 года время, выделенное на весь экзамен по иностранным языкам, увеличено до 180 минут. Так как остальные задания экзамена не были изменены, мы рекомендуем вам потратить дополнительное время именно на письменную часть (80 минут). Более того, уточняется план к заданиям, что может облегчить задачу в написании.
Как и написание письма на английском языке, сочинение входит в часть C. В задании С2 в ЕГЭ по английскому языку нужно написать сочинение с элементами рассуждения по данному высказыванию. Выполнить это задание не будет сложно, если вы будете придерживаться представленных ниже советов от 5-ege.ru.
Используйте формальный стиль письма:
- не пользуйтесь сокращениями (don’t, can’t, I’m, it’s),
- не используйте скобки или восклицательные знаки — это свойственно неформальному стилю письма;
- не начинайте предложения со слов and, but или also; в разговорном языке вы можете их использовать, но избегайте этого в сочинении;
- не употребляйте вводные слова, характерные для неформального стиля (well, to tell the truth и др.);
- избегайте слишком простых предложений; объединяйте их в сложные, используя логические средства связи.
Видео – подробно о написании сочинения
Разделите текст на смысловые абзацы в соответствии с предложенным в задании планом.
- В первом абзаце сформулируйте проблему, которую вы будете обсуждать, однако не повторяйте тему сочинения слово в слово. Представьте, что ваш читатель не знает, о чем пойдет речь, и попытайтесь объяснить ему проблему другими словами.
- Выделите положительные и отрицательные стороны проблемы, подумайте о разумных аргументах, в поддержку обеих точек зрения. Помните, что вы должны выразить не только свою точку зрения, но и противоположную. Также не забудьте объяснить, почему вы не согласны с другой точкой зрения. Старайтесь соблюдать баланс между абзацами.
- Используйте слова-связки, чтобы помочь читателю проследить за логикой ваших рассуждений. Помните, что вводные слова выделяются запятыми.
- В последнем абзаце сделайте обобщающий вывод по данной проблеме. Вы можете также окончательно сформулировать свое мнение или предложить пути решения данной проблемы.
Структура по частям
- Заголовок — название эссе, которое отражает тему повествования.
- Введение — 2-4 коротких предложения, которые раскрывают тему эссе.
- Основная часть — 2-3 абзаца, которые описывают суть сочинения. Максимально полно и грамотно раскройте тему, приведите доводы и аргументируйте их.
- Заключение — 2-4 предложения, которые подводят итог. Общий вывод по теме.
В основной части сочинения все абзацы начинаются с вводного предложения (Topic Sentence) – введения. Далее мысль Topic Sentence развивается и подтверждается.
Объем сочинения должен составлять 200-250 слов. При этом артикль – это тоже слово, поэтому не слишком увлекайтесь с развитием идей, постарайтесь удержаться в заданных рамках.
Клише для сочинений
- I agree/ disagree
- In my opinion, … / From my point of view, … / As far as I am concerned, …
- I believe that…/ It seems to me that…
- I am in favour of… / I am against the idea of…
- According to…
- Some people say that…
- It is said/believed that…
- There is no doubt that…
- It cannot be denied that…
- It goes without saying that…
- We must admit that…
- The main argument against/in favour is…
- First of all, I would like to consider…
- The first thing I would like to consider is…
- To begin with, …/ To start with, …
- Despite the fact that…/ In spite of the fact that…
- On the one hand, … /On the other hand, …
- Besides,…/ In addition,…
- What is more, …/ Moreover, …/ More than that, …
- Finally, …
- However, … / …, though
- for this reason
- therefore/that is why
- thus sth happened because of/as a result of/owing to/due to/as a consequence of
- For example
- For instance
- Such as
- To sum up, …
- To conclude, I would argue that…
- On this basis, I can conclude that…
- In conclusion, I would like to stress that…
- All in all, I believe that…
Готовые эссе (примеры сочинений)
Единый язык для всей планеты. За и против
No doubt that learning languages takes up a lot of time. That is why some people think that it would be better to have only one language on our planet. But will it be really beneficial for mankind?
In my opinion, the reduction of the number of languages is a disaster because it will totally destroy our great cultural heritage. With each loss of a language comes a loss of a culture, a loss of a way of life that deserves to be protected and treated as valuable. I also believe that leaving one language for communication will greatly reduce the linguistic diversity of our planet, which is the key to our survival. What is more, it will be rather difficult to choose which language to use and it may even lead to wars.
Many people think that if we have only one language, communication will become easier and there will be no need to learn foreign languages. I cannot agree with them because knowledge of foreign languages makes a person educated and well rounded. You cannot broaden your mind if you see the world only from the perspective of your own culture. Besides, people are a lot more helpful if you speak their language.
In conclusion, I would argue that we should try our best to preserve the linguistic diversity of our planet. I think that larger cultures should have a respect for minority languages, but first of all the younger generation must want to preserve their native language.
Животные в зоопарке. Как вы к этому относитесь. Справедливо ли это
There are a lot of zoos in the world and millions of people visit them every year. But are zoos harmful or helpful to animals which are caged there?
I strongly believe that we should not keep animals in zoos because captivity is not natural for them and it is a constant stress to a wild animal. Keeping animals in zoos harms them by denying them freedom of movement and association. What is more, zoos are like prisons for animals as they live in small cages and do not get necessary food. In addition, animals become very aggressive and unpredictable as they get older and often attack zoo keepers and other people.
However, most people think that zoos help endangered species survive. But this is not true because most rare animals are extremely difficult to breed in captivity. Besides, in zoos, it is almost impossible to meet the animals’ natural needs. Another argument for keeping animals in zoos is that people learn something new about these animals. Actually, zoos do not teach us much because animals do not act the way they would in the wild. I think we can learn more about animals by watching wildlife programs on TV.
In conclusion, I would argue that zoos do not seem to help endangered species and keeping animals behind bars only for the sake of our entertainment is not quite fair. In my opinion, people must create nature reserves, where wild animals will be able to live in their natural environment.
Запрещение машин в центрах больших городов. За или против
There is no doubt that the invention of the car changed the world and nowadays we can hardly find a family without a car. Nevertheless, some people are against cars, especially in the centers of big cities.
In my opinion, cars should not be allowed into the city centers as they add to pollution and poison the air we breathe. We must also think about the people who live in the center and suffer from the noise made by cars. Moreover, the streets in the center are usually narrow therefore people are often stuck in traffic for many hours and, as a result, arrive late at their destination. Final-ly, with ho cars in city centers, there would be no need for large ugly car parks, which would allow more space for parks. However, many people believe we would not be able to survive without cars because most of the products for shops and other businesses are transported by cars. Besides, they are afraid that public transport would be overloaded. I am sure it is possible to solve these problems by introducing a reliable high frequency tram service as well as developing the underground. As for goods, we could use electric vehicles for their delivery.
To sum up, I believe that a clean, reliable and environmentally friendly public service would encourage people to use public transport and help smooth the transition to a car-free zone.
Изучение иностранного языка – лучшее, что может быть, изучать его в стране, где на нем разговаривают. Согласны ли вы
Nowadays people spend lots of money in order to go to an English-speaking country to improve their language skills. But is it really the most effective way of learning a language? In my view, studying in a foreign country has certain drawbacks. Firstly, this way is very expensive as the tuition fee for overseas students is rather high. Besides, when you study abroad, you have to adapt to a very different way of life, which can be quite stressful. What is more, English teachers do not speak Russian so if you don’t know English well, you will not understand their explanation.
It is often assumed that it is better to study a language abroad because you can always use it speaking with native speakers. However, I doubt that we will have lots of opportunities to speak abroad as we do not know many people there. It is also believed that Russian teachers are not as qualified as those in England. I totally disagree with this opinion because Russian teachers can compare two languages and explain grammar rules better.
To sum up, I would argue that the best way to learn a language is to study it in your native country because you can always get the necessary help from your teachers. Moreover, today we have lots of opportunities to improve our skills such as communicating with English pen-friends over the Internet. I think that we should travel abroad so as to practise a language but not to study it.
Иностранные языки. Сейчас в школах изучают по 2-3 языка. За и против
Most people understand that without knowledge of foreign languages it is difficult to survive in the modern world. Therefore they send their children to schools where they can study two or even three foreign languages. However, is it good to study several languages simultaneously? On the one hand, foreign languages are the main part of our culture so they help us to expand our outlook. We cannot broaden our minds if we see the world only from the perspective of our own culture. In addition, learning languages is a good exercise for the intellect. Moreover, if pupils know at least one foreign language, they learn new languages much faster. On the other hand, many pupils find it confusing to learn two or three languages at a time, especially languages that are similar, because children usually mix up lots of words. Besides, some languages are tricky enough to learn. For example, in English there are more exceptions than rules. In this case, children can be overloaded with homework. More than that, some pupils do not know their native language well and learning several foreign languages could prevent them from mastering their own language.
In conclusion, I want to say that learning languages is extremely beneficial and I would like to know different foreign languages. However, I believe children should not learn too many languages at the same time so as not to get confused. They ought to get a solid base in one language before they start learning a new one. 16. Интернет. За и против We live in the age of information technology and nowadays the Internet is nearly as common as the telephone. No doubt that it is a unique invention, which has influenced all areas of our lives. However, some people consider the Internet one of the greatest evils of our time. On the one hand, the Internet is very useful, because it lets us access a world of facts, figures and knowledge. In addition, with the Internet, it is now possible to speak to friends and relatives any-where in the world cheaply and quickly. Other services are also available through the Internet such as booking tickets or buying things. Moreover, the Internet allows a lot of talented people to show the world their achievements and makes it easier to find a job. On the other hand, the Internet can become a disaster for our society, because people spend hours in front of their computers and neglect their everyday duties. Another worry is the activities of cybercriminals. For example, hackers can steal your money or even your property while cyberterrorists may ‘attack’ the world’s computers, causing chaos, and making planes and trains crash. What is more, leaders of different terrorist or oppositional organizations can use the Internet to find new followers.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that despite the criticisms by some and the fears of others, the Internet seems to have changed our world to the better and we must try to make the best use of it.
Клонирование. За и против
Recent advances in genetic biology have led us to quite a doubtful situation. People all over the world argue whether human cloning research should be controlled by the government as solving problems connected with human cloning is definitely not a piece of cake. In my opinion, human cloning experiments are extremely dangerous because there are huge risks of abnormalities in human clones. Moreover, if clones have been made, they will obviously have serious psychological problems connected with their unusual birth. Finally, there is no doubt that human cloning will change our perception of what is the value of a human life as we might change from having children to manufacturing them. However, scientists claim that human cloning could be very beneficial as therapeutic cloning could provide stem cells for regenerative medicine and tissues for transplantation. Besides, re-productive cloning will probably give parents who are both infertile an opportunity to have children. I am afraid that this technology is not safe enough to use on humans. It is also possible that clones will age quicker since the cell used in the cloning procedure has already been used in a real life individual.
To sum up, we must question whether human cloning is really worth it when weighed against the problems it raises. From my point of view, human reproductive cloning should be under the tight control of the government and the UN because it is dangerous to interfere with nature and the consequences can be really disastrous.
Книги или компьютеры. Кто победит в будущем
The latest advances in information technology make people think that schools of the future will use computers instead of printed books. Although electronic books have not been widely accepted yet, they have certain advantages over traditional paper volumes. But will they be able to replace printed books? In my opinion, students will be widely using computers for studying in the future. To begin with, computers can store lots of books in their memory and modern software allows us to find quickly the necessary information. Besides, with the interactive programs on computers studying will be much more exciting. What is more, electronic books will not degrade overtime like their printed counterparts. On the other hand, lots of disbelievers argue that computers will not replace printed books because a printed book is better for human eyes than a computer screen. In addition, books are cheaper and easier to use since they do not need electricity or the Internet connection. I cannot agree with this because modern computer screens emit no radiation and allow us to read even in low light conditions. Of course we will have to pay for electricity but I think it will be cheaper than to pay for printed books, which are very expensive nowadays.
To sum up, I think computers and printed books will peacefully coexist for years to come, but in the future technological progress will make it possible for students to carry laptops or even palmtops instead of traditional bags with lots of heavy books.
Компьютерные игры. За и против
People have always had different hobbies but technological progress has caused the appearance of computers and computer games, which can keep a child occupied for hours. However, adults consider computer games a complete waste of time. As for me, I believe computer games are more than mindless entertainment. To begin with, computer games can teach people to achieve their aims as they regularly put obstacles and traps in the way of players which are necessary to overcome in order to progress through the rest of the game. Additionally, computer games can be a valuable source of accidental learning that can be applied to school, home, and social events. Moreover, teachers have also started to appreciate educational games as an opportunity to make their lessons more exciting. Nevertheless, quite a few people are against this activity as they find it rather addictive and harmful for children’s health. They argue that computer games make students neglect their school work. However, if we learn to control our computer use and play games for an hour just to relax after a hard day at school, this will not do us any harm. What is more, modern technology made it possible to eliminate the bad effect of computers on our eyes.
To sum up, I believe that computer games have more advantages than drawbacks. They make us persistent, develop our logical reasoning and help us to escape from everyday problems. The thing is to find a right balance between virtual reality and everyday reality.
Космос. За и против исследований в космосе
Space exploration can mean a major leap for mankind. However, it is often criticized because the price for these space experiments is too high, especially while poverty still exists in many parts of the world. On the one hand, space research is extremely beneficial as it advances technology. As a result of this work, we have lots of inventions, which have made our lives much more comfortable. In addition, through the exploration of space, we could find new elements, minerals or even discover new laws of physics and eventually learn more about ourselves. What is more, space exploration will allow us to establish a human civilization on another planet as a hedge against the catastrophe that might occur on the Earth. On the other hand, the benefits of space exploration are not self-evident, no matter how real they are. It costs billions of dollars to fund the projects of space science whereas this money should rather be spent on meeting the needs of the underprivileged. Besides, some of the technology we develop through space science can be used in a destructive manner if it is in the wrong hands. Finally, a travel to space can be dangerous as we may discover something that is extremely harmful for the living beings on Earth.
To conclude, I want to say that space exploration satisfies the human desire for adventure therefore most people are interested in space research. Nevertheless, I believe our governments should find the right balance between social and space programs.